Monday, September 11, 2006

9.11.01

i strongly feel the need to post about this date today. yes, it's the 5th anniversary of this horrible tragedy. as i watched this morning's memorial service televised on tv from NY, i shed a few tears. i was not directly affected by this happening. i guess i was lucky?!? i caught a program last night about the children that were left without parent/s. i can't imagine how their lives will unfold from this. i can't help but wonder today just how many feel that we might be attacked again...somewhere....somehow....today maybe??? i strongly believe that things happen for a reason...i don't always know what that reason is...but i still believe. i know that's why i think about everything-all-the-time. i have headaches often. i still wonder what my purpose is in life. do you?



2 comments:

  1. yes, some days i do wonder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I acutally don't ponder my purpose in life. I used to and then it just got to be more pondering and less living of my life so now I don't. If that makes sense?!?!?
    I also used to be a true believer of "things happen for a reason" 3 years ago, dear friends of mine lost their 4 yr old to tragic house fire. I was completely dumbfounded yet I struggled to believe "there must be a reason" I'ld say about a year after her death, I just started thinking "what if there is no reason?" maybe terrible things just happen and there is no cosmic reason. yet, I still tend to believe that God calls everyone home when it is their time. I'm more confused than ever

    wow! Amy you really made me think too much today.

    ReplyDelete