Thursday, September 1, 2005

Oh yippie...

I woke up with a cold coming on this morning. I noticed my daughter with the 'sniffles' a couple days ago. I should have known I would get it. Which means, the baby will get it and if anyone has had a little one...thats the worst when you can't clear your nose or throat yourself. The holiday weekend is approaching and for Auburn that means many many antique cars in town. Yep, Auburn is know for the Labor Day Auburn, Cord, Duesenburg Festival. Basically consists of wealthy older people pulling into town this week with money coming out of their ears to purchase antique autos at the 'worlds biggest antique auto auction'. We get over 300 thousand out of town guests just for a week. The cars are pretty but I'm not 'into them'. I do enjoy the fleamarkets, icecream socials, party tents, & etc. that come with the festivities. I like it because it is a sign that Fall is here. Ahhhh, my FAV-O-RITE season.

On another note, I have been watching the news lately about all the devistating happenings surrounding this hurricane, Katrina. I heard on the radio this morning that they were 'shipping' people to Houston, Texas and at some point they had to turn them away because their dome was over full! With that many people in one place with no money you don't stop and think how they are trying to figure out how to feed, cloth, care for all of them. :( I can't help but think that all of this is somehow a bigger picture of God's plan. The bigger tragic events that have been happening lately...9-11, Tsunami, Iraq, etc...what will happen next???



2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt its part of a big plan... I have definite views on it. And I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better and I know the whole thing down there is so sad and makes you wonder about a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete