Tuesday, November 4, 2008

i am proud.

to be an american...yeah, it sounds kinda corny to me to hear myself "say it" but I AM.  honestly, i have NEVER voted before in my life.  nope, never.  for 17 yrs. i've chose not to vote...because i didn't understand politics.  oh, i knew i could just walk into a voting booth and pick SOMEONE....but in my heart, i couldn't do it.  not blindly choose a person to fill such a big position.  i left it up to other's who seemed educated about political things, or so i assumed.


with this election i educated myself.  i was drawn to know everything i could about the canidates at hand.  at one point over these last couple months i sat back with amazment of the eagerness i have felt within me to know so much.  i still can't tell you where that came from.  i think a tiny bit of it stems from the fact that i am getting older, realizing i have to pave the way for BETTER things for the future of my children...their children.


i've never felt that my one voice can make a difference until now.


W_OBAMA ad



2 comments:

  1. so happy for you..
    so glad you voted for the first time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Amy! This was a great night for America...

    ReplyDelete