Tuesday, January 13, 2009

input needed.

i have been searching for ideas of what my hubby {whom is a woodcraftsman} could make/build while he his off work...due to slow-down/possibly layoff. :(  he isn't one to just sit around and he has already built two ladder style shelving units.  i've browsed Pottery Barn and few other 'hip' furniture places but am at a loss to what people actually might be looking for.


have you bought something recently?  are you currantly looking for a certain style storage type furniture or maybe a mudd bench?  i'm just looking for ideas, i'm not trying to sell anything. :)


i will be sure to share pics soon.  i am staining some things and painting others.  any input would be greatly appreciated!




on another note:  my kiddos have been enjoying the snow we continue to get.  we are under a blizzard watch tonight. joy! lol


Brody n syd 09.1 


Lake 09.1


 



4 comments:

  1. hmmm... I'm so not good at coming up with ideas. I do think those benches or the outdoor kind tend to be pretty popular.
    does he have a local place he consigns them or does he plan to sell on ebay or something similar?
    great now pics of the kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mud bench is such a great idea and I love the ladder shelf...I'll take 2!!! What about tv stand/entertainment stand? I hope he doesn't get laid off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, If we had the money I'd hire your hubby to make me some shelves for my scraproom!
    I can't believe all the snow you have! I am just south of you and we have gotten NOTHING. I want it to snow so I can get some snow pics of my son! So, send some down to Anderson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really need a toy box for Jameson's room..
    a girly one..
    those are hard to find.. a good one anyway.

    ReplyDelete