Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Bragging rights!

oooooooooooooooh my goodness! I made a 'pit stop' at my lss today after picking up my children from school. As I was checking out I was asking the owner about some new product. I think I surprise her that I am so up to date on name brands and what is coming out, etc. Out of the blue she asks me if I'm interested in doing some design work for her. Well, what that amounted to was free product for showcasing my own layouts. My reaction....well, I wanted to drop my chin to the floor but I calmly said I would be interested. She explained that she wasn't totally set on what she needed and expected but I was the first that came to her mind. I'm on cloud nine. It's one thing to enter a contest or ask about an opportunity but to totally have someone come after you...thats a HUGE compliment! Ok, I stepped off my cloud for a bit. I have to run now, my daughter is trying out for her grade school swing choir. I'm truly nervous for her because she isn't the loudest or outgoing of all children. I encouraged her to give it all she had because they explained that not everyone would get picked. I don't want this to be the first experience of dealing with rejection. Well, there never will be a time when I'm ready for that.



2 comments:

  1. Wooo hooo for you on the scrappy nod! And I hope your daughter does well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Amy, you deserve it, your layouts are FAB!

    ReplyDelete