Tuesday, August 12, 2008

home decor.

do you have the desire to have the right accents in your home?  do you search online or in mags for the right decorative inspiration?  i do.  i have for as long as i can remember.  i will say right now that it's NOT a priority in my life but it IS a creative desire i have long had.  i was in the interior design field for several years but have not been in it for more than 10 yrs. now.  i miss it...everything but the selling aspect of it.  designing your home isn't always financially practical.  i'm frugal at heart and for me to sell my design skills was very hard for me.  i have no trouble sharing the fact that today i shop craigslist, thrift stores, garage sales, auctions to obtain the decorative things i desire.  i RARELY pay full price for anything i own.  i am MORE proud of the things that i have found with the least amount of money spent.  yes, i put it out there....i have never been ashamed or not wanted anyone to know but i'm sure someone out there is probably saying "why is she sharing this". lol  i guess i felt the desire to 'vent' as i have been on a recent search for some things for my home.  i basically wonder sometimes if i am alone or are other's like this?  i LOVE to repurpose things....my way of being 'green' i guess. ;)  i did recently find some interesting blogs and have them listed under 'HOME DECOR' off to the right of my blog.  enjoy. :)



5 comments:

  1. WTG girl, that is called creative designing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great. I too am always looking for ways to repurpose stuff. I bought the cutest table to use for an end table. It has two folding leaves.
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt what someone said about creative designing!! WOW girl! :) You rock!
    Hugs!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have a hard time deciding what works. I need someone like you here to do my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very desigernly challenged! mostly I have lots of photos on the walls. and I'm definitely not creative enough to repurpose. I buy cheapy stuff at WM or Target or Kmart because I know I'm never going to a designer home.
    Don't forget to stop over and pick up your blog award!
    *SmiLes*

    ReplyDelete