Friday, October 3, 2008

card day.

World Card Making Day.  i am doing this.  i don't really know a whole-heck-of-a-lot about it but i gathered this much...


SOMEBODY got together and designated the first saturday in october to kick off the holiday cardmaking season.  i've been thinking about diving more into card making lately as i often wish i had them on hand when i remember an event/occasion at last minute.  of course i have piped out cards on a moments notice but never do i feel like i've done my creative best.  sigh.


so, while continuing to think about card making i ran across this little cutie while out browsing thrift stores in town.  isn't she cute and has the greatest potential to hold a loverly cluster of handmade cards...made by ME?! ;)


Green finds 001 


Green finds 002  


 she appears to be brand new and still had the orignal gift store tag on back when i grabbed her up for a mere .75 cents!!!!!!!  i know, i know....lucky me. ;)


well, if you are madly making cards this saturday....have a creative day!



11 comments:

  1. What a great find! Gotta love it when you come across a great deal like that.
    Have a great time today - can't wait to see your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I can't WAIT to see your cards Amy, and the card holder too. What a fabulous find! Happy World Card Making Day to ya....giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey Pettit (APet)October 4, 2008 at 1:16 AM

    Looks like a great little find, there! I love the possibilities on those 2nd hand stores!
    Hope you get a chance to make some cards today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers.....that sure is pretty! What a steal for 75c

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun find! Good luck making your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm YEAH! That's the CUTEST card holder ever!! SO cute. :)
    I hope you're having a fun day making cards! I'm working on some assignments and finishing up the minibook class Tina taught last week :)
    Thank you for your bloggy love - I adore you!!
    HUGS!
    Leslie
    p.s. did I tell you I LOVE your banner?? I DO! CUTE do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so loving this little find of yours Amy! What a steal! Hope you have had fun making cards today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great find girl! Now you just need to fill it up! Wink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need thrift stores like that around here!
    Good luck with your card making!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really like your blog also.. found some really cool stuff here.. i like all you thrift store buys..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great find Amy!
    I didn't know about card making day & I was telling someone else...I really need to get back into keeping up with some sort of scrappy site so I can at least hear about these days!
    I hope you will share some of the cards you made :)

    ReplyDelete