Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Why I Scrapbook!!!

*this topic was sparked by Chelsea @ http://www.createmykeepsake.com/forum/index.php

I can remember when I was in my pre-teen days and I would tuck and save ticket stubs, package wrappers, and even cloth swatches from special times. I would take a camera to about every event and get together. You should see my senior scrap book! It doesn't shut, not even close! It's more of an "L" shape and stored in a box of it's own. lol I LOVE looking back through it. Fast forward a few years to about a year before my first child, Sydnee. I was just married, we were moving into our first apartment, it was the life I had hoped for. I started scrapping it. I documented everything. Soon my daughter came, so did mounds of photographs of her! Two more children later, a home, and a stronger passion...I know why I scrap. I scrap because I want to relive, share, pass on...memories and happenings that can only be relived, passed on, or shared through documenting on something that is archival safe. Hence...Scrapbooking! I don't understand why some people DON'T scrap?!?



8 comments:

  1. Awesome post Amy!!! I can totally relate! Can't wait to see some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great !!!! it is great to get to know why everyone loves to scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand when you say "I don't understand my people don't scrap." I feel that way too!

    Great entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think if people realized what a gift scrapbooking is to those around you everyone would do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,

    Had to laugh about the senior book. Mine looks the same way! And that was long before I became a scrapper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blogging! Oh we should get together and share our senior books...LOL "L shaped"...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scrapbooking is so much cheaper than therapy...I think. Sometimes I wonder! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had to laugh at the senior book thing! haven't heard anyone mention those in years & years! I occasionally take mine out & look at it. I have to hold it together with a big ribbon because all the seems are ripping.

    ReplyDelete